Downtown Toledo Fourth of July Fireworks 2021
Downtown will glow with the rockets red glare! The City of Toledo Fireworks in the 419 is on this year for Friday, July 2 and we’ve made a guide to help you navigate all the activities planned. Stop by your favorite downtown spot, get a drink in a DORA cup and explore.
4:00 p.m. – COVID-19 vaccines available in Glass City Metropark and Promenade Park
5:00 p.m. – Food trucks are open for business in Glass City Metropark and Promenade Park
7:05 p.m. – Mud Hens first pitch against Columbus Clippers
9:00 p.m. – Summit Street and the MLK Bridge will close to vehicle traffic
9:30 p.m. – Athens Wheeler takes the stage in Hensville Park
10:00 p.m. – Fireworks show begins
See our map for suggest viewing areas.
The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department and the VProject will be providing COVID-19 vaccinations in Promenade Park from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. and in Glass City Metropark from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The City of Toledo has contracted with local food trucks to be stationed at the Glass City Metropark and in Promenade Park.
Mud Hens & Hensville
The Mud Hens are home through Sunday, July 4, with Solheim Cup Pom-Pom and Muddy Birthday Bobblehead giveaways. Hensville will be alive and rocking with live music on the Hensville Park stage all weekend long.
- Friday – Athens Wheeler from 9:30-11:30
- Saturday – Hard Day’s Night Beatles Tribute Show from 9:30-11:30
- Sunday – The Skittle Bots ‘90s Party Band from 9:30-11:30
Per the City of Toledo, “The Martin Luther King Jr. Bridge; Jefferson Avenue, Adams Street, and Jackson Street from North St. Clair Street to Summit Street; Summit Street from Cherry Street to Washington Street, and Monroe Street from North Superior Street to Summit Street will be closed to vehicular traffic beginning at 9 p.m. until after the display is complete and spectators have dispersed. Front Street from Main Street to East Broadway will be closed beginning at 9:45 p.m.”
The MLK Bridge will be open to boat traffic after pedestrians clear the area. The bridge will open to vehicular traffic after the boat traffic clears under the bridge and pedestrians clear the area. Designated traffic signals at key exit locations will be put on a flashing mode to facilitate outbound traffic movement.
Summit Street will be reopened to vehicles after the pedestrian and vehicular traffic clears the area after the fireworks. Eastbound Jackson, Adams and Jefferson will reopen at St. Clair at this time also.
The Summit Street Garage and Edison Garage on Summit St. and the ProMedica Garage on Jefferson: Vehicles parked in these garages will be held until pedestrian traffic is cleared on Summit St. Law enforcement has anticipated 11:00 p.m. for traffic to be able to vacate these garages, about a half hour to be held in the garage post-fireworks.
Vehicles parked in the Port Lawrence Garage and Superior Street Garage will be exiting from the structures as directed by law enforcement officers to minimize delay of the traffic flow on the roadway.
For all information on parking in downtown, click here.
TARTA Park and Ride
TARTA is providing shuttles from their Muddy Shuttle locations, free of charge. One bus will depart each park and ride location at 8:30 p.m. to arrive downtown at approximately 9:00 p.m. For the return trip to the park and ride locations, buses will depart downtown 20 minutes after the end of the fireworks display. Shuttle locations and more information.
- The Coast Guard and other law enforcement organizations will be enforcing maritime rules on the Maumee River to include:
- Extended “No Wake Zone” for boaters on the Maumee River near downtown between I-280 Glass City Skyway Bridge and the Railroad Bridge upriver of the High Level Bridge
- Marine traffic prohibitions in the Exclusion Zone designated by buoys near the fireworks shoot site adjacent to International Park
- Marine traffic prohibitions in established reduced channel near downtown for the exclusive use by Emergency Marine Traffic
- Boaters should take it slow and safe around vessels that are anchored to minimize wakes
- After the display, departures will be escorted by marine patrol
For additional information, please see the City of Toledo's website here.