The Blarney and Historic Church of St. Patrick team up for Easter food blessing
Ed Beczynski, owner of The Blarney Irish Pub, and Reverend Monsignor Christopher P. Vasko, pastor of downtown’s The Historic Church of St. Patrick’s, are teaming up to continue Historic St. Pat’s traditional Easter food blessing. On Holy Saturday, April 11, 2020, Monsignor will be present curbside at The Blarney and will perform a food blessing for meals either purchased from The Blarney or food baskets that are brought curbside from the community.
When Beczynski heard that St. Patrick’s, his personal parish, had to cancel their food blessing, he was determined to find a way to make it happen. Typically, the blessing ceremony takes place at St. Patrick’s on Holy Saturday at 11 a.m. When Beczynski called Monsignor and asked if it could be moved, the Monsignor was happy to accommodate.
Here are the Details:
- The Blarney will be offering a special Easter family dinner for groups of 2, 4, 6 or 8. Orders should be placed at blarneyeasterdinner.com. Deadline is Wednesday, April 8, 2020 by 4 p.m. Limited to 200 orders.
- The Blarney has teamed up with Stanley’s for kielbasa.
- The Beczynski traditional perogies are also available as additional items for purchase.
- Meals are available for pickup from the Blarney on April 11, from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Monsignor Vasko will be present to bless meals from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. curbside.
- Families may also drive-by and bring their own food basket for a blessing.
- Traditional Irish bagpipers will be present to bring some fun to the occasion.
Ed Beczynski and Monsignor Vasko are available for interviews on Thursday, April 2nd, at 3 p.m. at The Blarney. Call Beczynski at 1-419-467-1349 to coordinate media presence.
The Blarney Irish Pub
Easter Dinner Offerings and Blessing
Each Dinner Package includes:
Choice of 2 Proteins
1 Starch, 1 Vegetable, Garden Salad
Herb and Cheese Bread, Compound Butter
Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham
Oven Roasted Turkey
Carved Corn Beef
Stanley's Market Kielbasa
½ Broasted Chicken
Center Cut Pork Loin
w/ Choice of Beef, Chicken or Turkey Gravy
Rosemary and Garlic Roasted New Potatoes
Macaroni and Cheese
Parsley and Lemon Green Beans
Focaccias Recipe Sweet and Sour Cabbage
Brown Butter and Sage Carrot Coins
Add On’s and Sides
Beczynski Family Famous Perogies
-Potato, Cheddar and Sour Cream
½ Dozen- 9
Additional starches, vegetables, bread and proteins are available while supplies last.
All meals received are fully cooked by the chef and staff and come with reheating and
safe handling instructions.